HOST HOTEL INFORMATION
We’ve got the whole place to ourselves!
Once again, this year’s Winter Fire will take place at a first-class luxury hotel in downtown Washington DC. With less than 300 rooms we will sell out fast but the entire hotel will be ours… all the ballrooms, all the meeting rooms, all the guest rooms, all the great couches in the lobby, everyone you ride the elevator with… they are all one of us!
But all this fun comes with an obligation. We have to fill ALL the hotel rooms on ALL the nights, so we can only accept reservations for Fri, Sat AND Sunday night at the host hotel.
- Complete Hotel Takeover!
- Luxury Hotel Accommodations at $185/night
- Upscale Restaurant and Lobby Bar
- 20,000 sq ft of workshop and playspace
- Private Ballroom Level
- Downtown Washington DC
Photo by Shaul Schwarz
We have to fill all the guest rooms on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday night. Since Monday is President’s Day, there will be a full day of programming on Sunday and the playspace and parties will run until the wee hours of Sunday night/Monday morning. The hotel has graciously agreed to a fantastic 3 night rate of only $185/night. But again, you have to book all three nights. With only 260 rooms, the hotel ALWAYS sells out incredibly fast each year. NON-REFUNDABLE ROOM DEPOSIT – shortly after registering for the convention the hotel will bill your card for your 1st nights room and tax. You will pay for the balance of your stay when you check out of the hotel. Should you cancel your hotel reservation this room deposit is NON-Refundable and NON-Transferable. Please check your availability carefully before booking a room.
Overflow Hotel 1
Our Overflow Hotel is less than a block away from the front door of the host hotel. It is a beautiful, freshly renovated hotel with a celebrity chef owned restaurant in the lobby. We’ve used this hotel for the past 6 years without any problems. We do our best to block off entire floor for Dark Odyssey Guests. (There is a 2 night minimum stay at this hotel)
Overflow Hotel 2 – w/Full Playspace open till 3am!!
Overflow Hotel makes a grand re-appearance after taking a year off for a major renovation. This hotel is located on the backside of the same block as the host hotel and has a great Irish Pub on the ground level. The updated hotel rooms are beautiful and the hotel will once again be hosting our overflow play space which will be available to conference attendees all weekend long! (There is a 2 night minimum stay at this hotel)
Waiting List for Host Hotel
After the host hotel sells out, by signing up for a room in the Overflow Hotel you are automatically put on the waiting list for the Host Hotel. Should we get room cancellations, Jessica, our Hotel Room coordinator, will contact those registered for rooms at the overflow hotel and offer them a room at the Host Hotel. In these circumstances we will be able to move your non-refundable deposit from the overflow hotel to the host hotel.
We have booked the entire hotel on Friday and Saturday night and most of the hotel on Sunday night. To book a room in the host hotel, you must book for all three nights. You will be charged a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of 1 night’s room and tax by the hotel shortly after registration. The balance will be charged at the end of your stay, like any regular hotel stay. Waiting List – people who register and sign up for a room in the overflow hotel are automatically placed on the waiting list in the order in which they register.
|Host Hotel - Sold Out|
|Double Double (Two Double Beds) - SOLD OUT||$185/Night + Taxes|
|King Room - SOLD OUT||$185/Night + Taxes|
Three-Night Minimum Stay
Overflow Hotel 1
Our Overflow Hotel is less than a block away from the host hotel and is a beautiful, freshly renovated hotel with a celebrity chef owned restaurant in the lobby. We used this hotel as an overflow space for the last 6 years without any problems. We try to block off entire floors for Winter Fire guests.
|Overflow Hotel 1|
|Double Queen Room||$159/Night + Taxes|
|King Room||$159/Night + Taxes|
2 night minimum stay at Overflow Hotel 1
Overflow Hotel 2 – w/Full Playspace open till 3am!!
Overflow Hotel 2 makes a grand re-appearance with beautifully updated rooms after taking a year off for a major renovation. This hotel is located on the backside of the same block as the host hotel and has a great Irish Pub on the ground level. Overflow Playspace: this hotel will once again be hosting our overflow play space which will be available to conference attendees all weekend long!
|Overflow Hotel 2 - w/FULL PLAY SPACE open till 3am!!|
|King Superior||$169/Night + Taxes|
|Double Queen||$199/Night + Taxes|
|Bi-Level Suite||$359/Night + Taxes|
2 night minimum stay at Overflow Hotel 2
- Room reservations must be confirmed and guaranteed with a credit card for one (1) night’s guest room charge and tax will be charged when then reservation is placed. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Room rates based on Double Occupancy. Overflow Hotel 1 charges an additional $20/person per night for triple and quad occupancy. Overflow Hotel 2 charges $30/person per night for triple and quad occupancy.
- Attendees will be responsible for room rate, taxes, and incidental charges separately from their registration fees. All hotel fees will be charged directly by the hotel.
- All cancellations must be received at least 5 days prior to scheduled arrival otherwise the entire reserved stay (billed at the applicable room rate plus taxes) will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee the room. A cancellation number must be issued by Dark Odyssey to confirm receipt of cancellation request. The first night room deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Check-in is at 3:00 PM and check-out is promptly at 12:00 Noon.
- For any guest checking out after 1:00 PM on Monday, a one-half day roomrate charge will be incurred. The Bell Captain can arrange to check baggage for guests arriving early and for guests attending functions on their day of departure.
- You cannot checkout early during the event to avoid paying for a Sunday Night stay.
How to Book a Room:
- During Online Registration check off that you want a hotel room.
- We will fill your room preference if available.
- If room preference is not available you will be given a list of available options
- Your reservation information including, credit card information to guarantee the room will be given to the host hotel who will charge your first nights room and tax. This charge is NON REFUNDABLE AND NON TRANSFERABLE
- The Status of your room request will be listed in the Attendees Area. Your Hotel Room Confirmation Number will be emailed to you and listed in the attendee area as soon as we receive it from the hotel which is typically 2 – 3 weeks after your initial registration.
How to Cancel Your Room:
- All cancellations must be received at least 5 days prior to check in.
- You must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a cancellation confirmation number in order to ensure your room has been cancelled and not be charged the room guarantee.
- Please remember, the First night room and tax deposit is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferrable. Cancelling allows you to avoid paying for the entire room reservation.
Please contact Lonnie at email@example.com with any questions you may have.